Bringing your business online doesn’t only involve building a website and a social media page. For people to notice you in the online world of business you need a fitting Lead Generation Strategy.
But first, what is a Lead Generation Strategy?
A lead generation strategy is the usage of digital marketing and internet tools that help you attract an audience and drive traffic to your website which converts into leads for your business. A lead is a person who has shown considerable interest in your business and has taken some action, for example, bought a product, left their contact information, etc. The best digital marketing company focuses on these below strategies for the visibility of the business.
- Optimize Your Website
Your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly website is the primary tool that will drive the maximum percentage of traffic.
When people need answers, the first thing they do is search on google and that google search result page is where your business website must be found. SEO is the magic wand that ensures that your website appears at the top of the Google SERP (search engine result page) rankings whenever a potential lead searches a keyword related to your business.
This will not only bring you a continuous flow of traffic but also save you money on advertisements. To ensure that your website is SEO friendly, you need to choose the right keywords. Take a look at Google Trends and keyword rankings to feed in the appropriate keywords in the content of your website. For example, if you search for a digital marketing company in Pune, you will find our name on the list.
- You should constantly optimise your Title and Meta Tags. Your titles and meta descriptions are the first impression of your brand and it appears even before a user enters your website. So, ensure that it has the focus keyword and also that it drives the user to hit that click button.
- Your website needs to have the least loading time possible. A potential lead will not want to wait for even a duration of a few minutes for your website to load. Also, your website should be platform-independent, which means that it should run as swiftly on a mobile phone or a tablet as on a laptop.
- Make a Content Marketing Plan
Content marketing gets you a long term, loyal relationship with your audience. It builds your credibility and it will establish you as an authority figure in your field.
Some content marketing strategies:
- Build a blog – A blog may not be the fastest way to generate leads, but it establishes you as an expert. With great advice, how-to guides, case studies, and more, you create awareness for your brand and the need for your services or products. Also, it is a great way to fill in keywords that help your SEO rankings. So build a blog to fulfill your dream!
- Videos and Podcasts – Make videos and podcasts explaining your brand, introducing your team, or a testimonial from one of your clients. It also works as a referral while capturing the attention of your audience. There are over 1.5 million users on YouTube, it’s best not to miss out on such a large audience.
- Case Studies, Whitepapers, and E-books – Build industry research reports and white papers that you can offer to your target audience. It is a brilliant way to build an extensive mailing list for future promotional content.
- Build a Social Media Presence
Social media is a great place to connect and engage with your target audience. Your brand should have a strong and active presence on all the social media platforms but your content should be tailored accordingly. For example, on Instagram you can offer B2C content, LinkedIn can help you generate B2B leads.
Social media content should be an integral part of your content marketing strategy. Photos, videos, blogs, links, there is so much you can offer to your audience and engage with them subsequently. Social media helps in building a positive reputation for your brand.
- Focus on Email Marketing
Email Marketing is one of the lead generation strategies that has worked wonders in the world of digital marketing. But email marketing requires some good old effort because you want the user to click on the email and then further click on the banner which leads them to your website. Here are some things you should keep in mind while building your email marketing campaign:
- Schedule your Campaign – It is one of the smartest things you can do. Do a little research on the best time and day according to your target audience. This is based on their age, profession, region, and more. You can use any email automation software which sends out your email at the scheduled time.
- Do not limit your email to text – Your potential lead is only going to spend a few seconds on your email and if it is text-heavy, they are not going to pay much attention to it. So, include videos, gifs, infographics, and other visually stimulating content that captures their attention.
- Invest in Social Media and Paid Ads
While social media ads appear on social media platforms, Pay per Click (PPC) ads are for search engine result pages. You can add filters to your social media ads so that they will appear particularly to your target audience which will drive traffic towards your social media profile or your website and further, generate leads.
While for PPC, if any person searches a keyword that relates to your business, your page will appear at the top of the page irrespective of your SERP rankings.
While this list is useful in building a boost for your business, it is definitely not exhaustive. If you want a full-fledged strategy without any hassle, you can reach out to the top digital marketing company in your area to build a plan for you.